Psychobiologist and Nobel Prize winner Roger W. Sperry found that the brain’s 2 hemispheres—left and right—function differently, and the way you think depends on which of the sides is dominant. Based on his research there are numerous tests that can determine your thought process and personality traits.
At Bright Side, we evaluated many of these tests and came up with the best to help you introspect. Take this test and get to know a little more about yourself.
Take a quick look at the photograph. Which animal did you see first?
Now scroll below to know more about how your mind works based on which animal you saw first.
The head of a tiger
The left hemisphere of your brain is more active than the right. You are an analytical person, very goal-oriented and organized. When faced with a problem you tend to be logical, calculative, and objective.
However, sometimes, because you know that the decision you made was made after a lot of thinking, you tend to be adamant. So, it is advisable that you hear the opinion of others and take it into consideration too. Remember that a little humility goes a long way.
Your personality traits:
- Planned: You do things in a properly planned way, like in a to-do list.
- Precise: You have clear, ear-marked goals and are clear about the path to be taken to achieve them.
- Rational: Emotions and feelings do not get in the way of you achieving your goals.
- Logical: You have an aptitude for math, science, and sequencing ideas.
- Realistic: Your world is very real. In it, there is no place for fairy-tales and fiction. Similarly, however lofty your goals might seem to others, you know that they are realistic and achievable.
The hanging monkey
The right hemisphere of your brain is more active. You are a creative person who is full of innovative ideas. When faced with a problem you rely more on your intuition (which more often than not is correct) than on critical thinking.
You know perfectly well that every step you take in your life is a lesson for you and that even includes losing is a step toward achieving your goals. To you, the journey is more important than the goal. Since you are a dreamer, you often get lost in your own dreamland. It is essential for you to get a reality check every once in a while and to pay a little more attention to the world around you.
Your personality traits:
- Impulsive: You do things spontaneously. You have a knack for taking an out of the box approach.
- Emotional: You care a lot about a lot many things. You spend time pondering and act based on feelings.
- Creative and artistic: You are skilled at music, arts, and other creative disciplines.
- Intuitive: You don’t make a to-do list and don’t go by the rulebook. You solve problems intuitively.
- Dreamy: You have dreams for life rather than goals and you put effort toward achieving those dreams, often succeeding.
Remember that the 2 hemispheres of the brain do not work in isolation, rather they work together and complement each other. So, while you may seem to possess more traits that identifiable with one of the hemispheres, you will surely also possess traits from the other hemisphere.
So which image did you see first? The head of the tiger or the hanging monkey? Do your personality traits match? Let us know in the comments.
nid Khan for Bright Side